Find out how we protect your privacy
Effective date: November 2, 2022
- any data located on the Website, whether or not uploaded by Users, including but not limited to photographs, images, graphics, software, drawings, text, teaching documents, etc., collectively referred to as ‘Information’.
- natural persons who, whether paying or not, use any Information located on this website, collectively referred to as “Users.
- The provision of training or instructional materials, documentation, teaching materials, multimedia, or any other material in any form that is used as part of the course and used by the User to gain knowledge , collectively referred to as “Services.
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation or AVG, better known as General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) and the Belgian Privacy Act, collectively referred to as the “Act.
2. Who is behind neXtop?
NeXtop was developed by Liesbeth De Paepe. She earned a doctorate in 2018 related to online learning of Dutch as a Second Language. She has previously developed several online and blended courses for Dutch as a Second Language, an online course in professional didactics NNT (Dutch non-this language) for KULeuven (the course is called Docent@Ned), and several MOOCS for Dutch as a Foreign Language.
3. What information do we collect?
Data you provide directly when using the Website you can provide data directly to us. For example:
- When a User creates an account or profile with us, we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth or email address.
- If you order a product or paid Service from us, we may ask you for your name, address, contact information, and shipping and payment information.
- When you contact Us, we need information to respond, for example, to verify your identity and to determine what product you are inquiring about.
- If the User wishes to exercise any right under the Privacy Act, we may ask for information such as your name and email address.
- Information about your use of Services.
4. How do we use your information?
Purposes – We use the information collected for the following purposes:
Publishing them on the Website as described above;
Allow the User to use our Services, Website and Information after online registration (and payment);
If the User has given prior consent in the user profile, to inform them about all kinds of new Services of neXtop or other educational initiatives, including by sending via email information that might interest the User;
If previously authorized by the User in the user profile, periodically send newsletters or other educational initiatives from neXtop;
To better manage our Website and the Services we offer you.
To verify your identity and to respond if the User contacts Us or wishes to exercise any right under the Privacy Act.
To determine which product you are inquiring about and to be able to process the order when the User orders a product or paid Service from Us.
You have several rights regarding your information. Continue to WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS? for more information.
5. To what do we send your data?
The User’s personal data is not sent directly to any external or third party. Consequently, we do not share Users’ personal data with outside parties.
6. What third-party services do we use?
NeXtop does not use any third-party services.
7. What do we do to secure your information?
(Reasonable) physical and technical security – We take the protection of your data seriously. We secure the information collected by taking appropriate physical and technical measures. However, despite the reasonable steps we take to secure your information, you should be aware that no website and no computer system is completely secure.
8. How long do we keep your data?
The User’s personal data is kept by neXtop with the necessary data protection measures (see above). NeXtop does not retain personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law and for a maximum of 5 years from last use.
Unauthorized third parties and/or members of neXtop who are not authorized to do so cannot access or use the User’s personal data. NeXtop limits the number of employees who have access to the User’s personal data to an absolute minimum. If use of a User’s personal data is made by authorized employees of neXtop, it will be done in accordance with the Act and the purposes stated above.
If you leave a comment on our site, you can give your permission for us to store your name, email address and website in cookies. This is for your convenience so that you do not have to re-enter your information when you leave another comment. These cookies last for one year.
When you visit our login page, we set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is deleted when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set some cookies to store your login information and display your screen choices. Login cookies last two days, and cookies related to screen options last one year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will remain valid for two weeks. When you log out of your account, the login cookies are deleted.
When you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie is stored in your browser. This cookie contains no personal information and only indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
10. What are your rights?
Right of access – request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
Right to rectification – request that we update the personal information we have about you, or independently correct this personal information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to erase or limit – ask that we remove personal information we have about you from the live systems, or limit the way we use such personal information;
Right to data transfer – request a copy of the personal information we have about you in a computer-readable format.
Right to object – object to our processing of your personal information;
Unsubscribe – withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).